Instruction & Feedback
- The entire campus leadership team will make daily time in classrooms a priority and will collect evidence and share feedback on teaching and learning.
- Use the Eduphoria to document walkthroughs as a vehicle for clearly articulating to teachers, evidence that instruction matches the rigor of the TEKS and that students are learning.
- Engage in regularly scheduled walkthroughs with a focus on adhering to legal guidelines and making the general education curriculum accessible to all learners. (ELL, Rti, BIP, IEP, GT, and At-Risk).
- Use time assigned for faculty meetings as a learning time for teachers to focus on instruction.
- Provide support in teacher growth and development.
Data-Driven Instruction (DDI)
- Develop and sustain a culture of data-driven assessments, analysis, and action to ensure improved student outcomes.
- Use Eduphoria Aware to analyze common assessments and/or performance tasks that measure grade-level progress on TEKS and STAAR readiness.
- Conduct ongoing data analysis that follows the ECISD Professional Learning Framework.
- Monitor so that all teachers are systematically re-teaching, providing interventions, and adjusting teaching practices based on analysis of student progress and state standards.
Culture of Safety & Development
- Set the tone so that all educators report feeling part of a safe, risk-taking environment where it is safe to try new things and get smarter at implementing the state standards.
- Communicate expectations for all adults to develop and continuously improve through practice, feedback, and reflection. Conduct annual campus needs assessment and progress evaluations.
- Constantly message and model a “kids first” culture and call out behavior and language which violate such a culture.
- Constantly message and foster an environment in which professional growth is a process that involves a growth mindset for staff and students.
- Monitor that staff is “Capturing Kids Hearts” and greeting students at the door.
- Monitor the implementation of the EC's PR Plan on the campus.
- Monitor that all teachers have clearly posted Classroom Expectations.
- Set an expectation for teachers to contact and communicate with parents regularly.